Washington, D.C. – Today, the American Trade Association for Cannabis and Hemp (ATACH) has launched a task force to help harmonize emerging laws and regulation and provide an industry response to marketplace issues surrounding cannabidiol (“CBD”) and other cannabinoids. Led by legal compliance professionals from leading multistate state operators, representatives from financial institutions and testing laboratories, medical experts and mainstream stakeholders, the task group will provide practical marketplace recommendations and guidance to lawmakers, regulators, agencies, standards bodies, and businesses.
“With recent released requests for guidance from the DEA and FDA, regulatory clarity and predictability is needed to facilitate the responsible growth of the CBD industry without fear of regulatory transgression and ATACH’s task force will help navigate this challenge and provide a coordinated industry response” said Michael L. Bronstein, President of ATACH. “The members appointed to this task force are some of the top experts in marijuana and hemp. They have dealt extensively with CBD and other cannabinoids and the legal compliance and scientific challenges, and have broad experience operating across state and international regulatory systems.”
As ongoing initiatives, the task force will participate in dialogue with the FDA on CBD enforcement priorities, will comment on DEA’s interim final rule, supply testimony on federal regulatory dockets, assist global regulatory bodies, participate in standards bodies work, and plans to present at the 3rd Annual European Workshop Advancing the Field of Cannabis/Hemp through Standardization in October.
Members of the Task Force (in formation):
● Gary S. Kaminsky, Esq., Task Force Chair, Director of Legal Compliance, Acreage Holdings, Inc.
● Christy Zhou, VP, Legal and Regulatory, Organigram
● Jeremy Unruh, Senior Vice President, Public and Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacann
● Travis Moyer, Vice President of Legal & Strategic Initiatives, GrassRoots
● Scott Golden, Associate Counsel, Public Affairs, Cresco Labs, LLC
● Leah Heise, Chief Administrative Officer, Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC
● Pamela Epstein, General Counsel and Chief Regulatory and Licensing Officer, Eden Enterprises
● Barry J. Siegel, Vice President and General Counsel, Wedgewood Pharmacy
● Sundie Seefried, CEO, Partner Colorado Credit Union
● Jeff Gray, CEO, SC Labs
● Corey A. Burchman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Acreage Holdings, Inc.
● Seth A. Goldberg, Esq., Partner, Industry Group Team Lead, Duane Morris, LLP
● David Landau, Esq., Partner, Duane Morris, LLP
The American Trade Association for Cannabis and Hemp (ATACH) is the leading United States 501(c)(6) cannabis industry trade organization promoting the expansion and protection of legal sales of cannabis and hemp for industrial, medical, and adult use. ATACH has been named “Trade Association of the Year” and “Corporate Grassroots Organization of the Year” by Campaigns & Elections magazine. ATACH’s membership consists of the most influential businesses in the industry, fifteen organizational memorandum of understanding relationships with state level associations and national organizations.